Oliver + S

Help! How do I get this stain out?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    wendy @wendyls

I was dismayed to find a faint, blotchy stain on my prize Heather Ross cowgirl fabric! I think it might be a dye streak that appeared after washing. Is there any way to get this out? I’ve tried the usual methods. Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You could try a tooth brush and some hard yellow soap,rub it gently. It may lighten it and shouldn’t damage your precious material.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

Thanks, Nicole. In the end the soap didn’t do much, although I managed to lighten it considerably by pouring boiling water over it and letting it soak. This works amazingly well for tomato sauce and other food stains!

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I’ve found great success with dish soap! My daughter got several mystery stains on her just-finished Family Reunion dress and she later admitted it was from touching a little jar of gel food coloring at the craft store. The stains aren’t completely gone, but not the 1st thing you see, and it was dark purple originally, so I was very relieved.

LINK
    mela @mela

I am a devoted fan of OxyClean. I use it all the time on my daughter’s mama-made clothes. I make a paste with Oxy and either dish soap or laundry soap and brush it into the stain. I’ve had excellent results!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.