Oliver + S

Has anyone tried a fine corduroy with the picnic blouse?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    moussy @moussy

I have some 21-wale corduroy that I’m dying to try out with this pattern. I plan to lengthen the sleeves to help with the cold weather as well. I have some reservations about the shoulder bias trim/casing. Has anyone tried this pattern with a little thicker material than your typical quilting cotton?

LINK
    Mel @Mel

I’ve only used lightweight fabric but maybe you can use lighter weight coordinating fabric for the casing? It gets folded to the inside so isn’t visible.

LINK
    moussy @moussy

Oh! I only skimmed the directions so far. I was planning on using a light cotton for the bodice facings anyways. This could work! Thank you! Hope to get to this project shortly:)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have made three in wool.

One a fine suiting,one a knit and one a very chunky felted wool. http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/sets/72157626639099661/

No problems with any of them.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’ve only used corduroy to make an Icecream top and that worked. I don’t see why it shouldn’t work for the class picnic top if it is a 21 wale corduroy.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’m doing one right now in a thick flannel, not much different than cord. I think it would be perfect! I suggest using something lightweight for the bias casings and facings too if you want. I used scraps of plain cotton voile.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’ve used fine wale cord for a number of O+S patterns that would not typically seem right for lightweight cord. I think it would be great for that blouse and I second the lighter weight fabric facings/casing! Can’t wait to see it. 🙂

LINK
    moussy @moussy

Success! I did use a light cotton for the facing/casing. I lengthened the sleeves and added casing/elastic to the cuffs. What a great little pattern! Can’t wait to tackle another one in cotton and the shorts as well.

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Will you be posting pictures on Flickr? I’d love to see it.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Yay, glad it worked out well! Do post a photo.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.