Oliver + S

Graphic Error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I just wanted to make a mention that I had just completed my first school photo dress and absolutely love the result! First time doing an invisible zipper and it turned out perfect the very first time! Love the details of the dress! I feel my daughter is so chic in that dress! But, as I was working on the dress, I was heading towards the finish line when I started to become confused with the pictures when it came to the part where you start to sew the lining to the outer portion of the dress. I became a little confused at first because I noticed that the graphic that was to represent the lining, was actually the interfacing graphic. It appears that those graphics were switched around towards the end of the directions and it made me take a second look at things. I just wanted people to know that so if they were a little new to the pattern or sewing and use the pictures as reference a lot.

Also, this dress may see intimidating, but it really does come together quite quickly and easily, especially after you get past the zipper and the front pocket. I highly recommend it, it’s so different. I have to admit I wasn’t smitten with it right away, but it wasn’t until I had seen some versions on flikr did I really get a sense of the beauty of it. The one that I couldn’t help but copy is in a purple suiting, which is just lovley! Plus, Nicole has her girls in some wonderful versions, especially love the chartreuse version, so gorgeous!

Take care and thanks to everyone for the inspiration!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you,what a sweet thing to say.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Thanks for pointing this out. It turns out that the illustration symbols for lining and interfacing were swapped on pages 3 and 4 of the instruction. We’ll add an errata on this shortly.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.