Oliver + S

Globe sewing machine, any information out there?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

My machine had to go in for repairs this week and I am borrowing a friends machine. It is a Globe Club 7 Electronic (Globe is the brand). I think this is a Korean brand but was only manufactured for a few years in the 70’s. There is no manual and it is a front loading bobbin (which I am not familiar with). Anyone know about this type of machine or have any more information?

Thanks

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do not know the machine at all Heidi but a front loading bobbin is certainly not unusual.

Are you having trouble getting the bobbin case in? The little lever needs to be out until it is popped in the holder and clicked into place.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I think I am getting there, I found a you tube video of a front loading bobbin, and now I understand what all the bits are doing. I have not used a front loading bobbin before as neither my vintage Elna, or the sewing machines at work (modern Huskvanas and a vintage Singer slant) have top loading bobbins. As I work out what different bits of the machine do I am writing it down for future reference.

Thanks Nicole.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.