Oliver + S

Garden Party Front Yoke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Shannon @sionan

I am in the final stretch of completing my first Garden Party dress and love how quickly it comes together – much faster than I anticipated. But I found when I was completing the front yoke that when I folded over the final piece on the front, that it wasn’t quite long enough to cover the stitching line (from attaching the yoke to the backside of the front of the dress). I managed it , but now the backside of the yoke it a bit puffy on the inside…you can’t see it, but I feel like I missed a very important step somewhere. Did anyone else find this?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sometimes you can lose some seam allowance if the seam is not perfectly flat. Perhaps try dampening in and rolling it under your fingers.
    Is the the step you are referring too?
    http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/garden-party-dress-part-two.html

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I didn’t have this issue, but agree with Nicole. Did you trim enough away from the seam allowance? It seems like that seam is to be trimmed to 1/8″? Sometimes that cause you to lose a little as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.