Oliver + S

Forest Path Cape Front pattern

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    maria04 @maria04

Hi, I have a question regarding the front pattern. It seems to be the same size than the back pattern. So when I put the buttonholes and sew the buttons the front patterns do not cross. And I have to force them to cross therefore the sleeves dont match. Is it supposed to be this way or what did I do wrong? Thank you very much.. Best Regards

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

*I have not made this yet* but that sounds about right. Your back is broader then your front.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hi Maria,

Yes, the pattern is wider at the back than the front. Sounds strange, I know, but if gives a nice fit this way!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

When you say the front patterns don’t cross, is this when you’re trying the garment on? This pattern has more ease than a blouse, so if it’s so tight you have to force it when buttoning, I wonder whether sizing up would solve the problem.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ah, others beat me to it, never mind!

LINK
    LisaMM @LisaMM

I just made this pattern (love it) I had the same question but looking very closely at the illustrations on the instruction page I could see that I wasn’t going crazy. The cape is a great fit and my daughter has worn it everyday since I finished it. 😀 I’m keen to make the mummy version now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.