Oliver + S

flower girl patterns

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LINK
    corlee @corlee

my brother is engaged – yay yay yay! already, i’m dreaming of sewing up flower girl dresses as i think i’ll be sewing 2, if not 3, flower girl dresses for 3-4 year olds. i love the bubble dress, and would sew that in a heartbeat (well, once i got the bride’s blessing…), but it’s OOP and i can’t find it online anywhere. any other suggestions for what might work?

i saw the music jumper and birthday dresses as suggestions but not sure that they have the fullness of the skirt. any suggestions on any patterns? i’ve only really sewn with o+s so don’t really know where else i might go (and i hesitate to go elsewhere since the directions and construction are so great here!).

thanks much!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I think the music box could be lovely in a formal fabric. Maybe add a big sash? Silk dupioni would add body. Mayby you could add a petticoat underneath for even more drama?

LINK
    mle bb @mle bb

I have made the Bubble Dress as a flower girl dress before, and it was WAY cute! Maybe by the date they get married the bubble dress will be out in a digital pattern? Right? But I also have made the Puppet show dress and I think it is the right kind of formal for a wedding and so adorable! I also think that the Playdate dress would be a great dress for a formal occasion. I too have only sewn from Oliver and S and I think many of their designs could be good options here 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If fullness is a requirement the Music Box pleated pinafore gathered rather then pleated may satisfy that. The Bubble dress would also look divine with a full skirt.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have seen the Music Box done in formal here a few times and they are very stunning! One had a big satin bow in the front that was beautiful!

Maybe if you keep looking you could also find the bubble dress still. Did you try Farm house fabrics at all?

LINK

Oh, or maybe the Family reuion dress? Nicole mad a fab one out of silk dupioni for her youngest and it was drop down gorgous!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

You are a sweetheart Sharon-I forgot about that one!

The Apple Picking made up nicely in silk too.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Birthday party in silk with big bow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22395843@N08/5415995712/in/pool-694451@N21/

Tea party with added ruffle:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26756583@N08/3718531811/in/pool-694451@N21/

A different fabric, or different detail, can make almost any dress look quite different.

LINK
    corlee @corlee

todd, any chance that the bubble dress will be made in digital format???? 🙂

thanks for the suggestions. i think the more i look at the flickr images of the bubble dress, the more wedded (haha) i become to it. the silhouette is just darling and has the right proportion of fitted to poof. i may try my hand with the music box with a gathered skirt but i really can’t shake the bubble out of my mind.

LINK
    emstone @emstone

You might try Pieces and Patches in Lexington, SC. I am almost positive that they had at least one of these still in stock the last time I was there. I snagged one there about a year ago. Their phone number is 803-359-3442. Hope this helps.

LINK
    corlee @corlee

HUGE SHOUT-OUT to emstone!!!!! i called and they did happy. i think i might have caused an eardrum to pop with my squealing because they unbelievably had it! so thank you thank you thank you. it feels like christmas come early!

LINK

Yippy! How wonderful!!

LINK
    emstone @emstone

corlee I am so happy that you were able to find the pattern. They had a few of the harder to find OOP patterns stuck in the back of their shop and after I had scooped up a few I knew that others would want them as well. I love this dress pattern and I hope you enjoy sewing it as much as I do.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.