Oliver + S

Flickr troubles?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I’m seeing so many fabulous projects sewn and posted on the Oliver and s flickr group just lately and I have been attempting to post comments to say that they all look great. But! The comment seems to not be loaded and instead, I get a message saying that message couldn’t be posted!

Has anyone else experienced this too?

LINK
    nzsewist @Ann-Maree

I haven’t had that particular problem but I did find that Flickr (on my iPhone at least) was being quite temperamental yesterday. It was taking a while to bring up comments for me to view (sometimes just freezing up entirely) but I wasn’t having problems with posting comments myself. All other apps and websites were running fine.

Is it working better for you today? It’s been fine for me to view but I haven’t tried commenting on anything yet.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I just clicked on the link through the Oliver and s site and immediately it came up with saying it lost the server. It took me ten minutes to post one message last night because it kept coming up saying error! Yes I have had it seize on me also. Its been happening for a while now.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Yes, I had precisely that problem, today. I found that clicking the ‘submit’ button carefully, and slowly enabled my ‘comment’ to be accepted. Doesn’t really make much computer-sense but whatever it takes, eh?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

How do you control the speed of the click?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

That’s a good question Sarvi. I have no clue!

I find it funny how it is just Flickr I seem to have issues with. I have slowed down the speed at which I type the message and then click (I pause between the two) if this is what you mean. It doesn’t make a difference. Some pictures I have success with while others I have to give up on. Its a slightly crazy situation.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

No, but seriously – the speed of a click is not something you can control – you either click or you don’t.

My guess is Flickr is having server issues and the photos where you can’t comment are on affected servers whereas pictures that work are on healthy servers. Give it a day or two and try again.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Good point! But how do you explain this? I click on a photo and comment. The photo is in the flickrpool for the group. I click after commenting and go back to the pool to look at other photos. The first photo has completely disappeared!

Its getting very wierd 😕

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

I don’t know whether it’s better to bump this thread or start a new one, but here goes. I’ve started adding content to the flickr pool, but even if I change a picture’s setting to public, I only see it if I’m logged in. I’ve double-checked the settings (I do have a couple with my child’s face visible that are private and thus only viewable by group members), and indeed, there are three of my photos that should be public, but aren’t viewable by me unless I’m logged in.

I’m a flickr noob, so maybe there’s a setting I’ve missed? Or has anyone else had this problem? If it matters, I’m uploading to my camera roll, editing settings, and then adding to the O+S pool. I’m eneffbee on Flickr.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@enbee I can only add my story. If I upload photos, privately, they seem to stay that way, even after I change the settings, for a period of time.

If I want a photo to be public, I upload it publicly.

Flickr can be a bit temperamental.

I am sorry not to be more help.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Thanks, Nicole. Do you happen to know – if you upload something as public, can you then change the settings to private, or does public seem to stick, too?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@enbee I have found they change instantly. If one of my photos get tagged with one of those explore ‘awards’ I make the photo ‘private’ (which gets rid of the 50 random favourites and odd comments) and then change it back to public.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.