Oliver + S

Flickr, changing login

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Jane @jesims

In case you didn’t get an email from Flickr, as of June 30 you will no longer be able to login w/ a FaceBook or Google ID. Here are the details:

“Yahoo’s slowly been closing off third-party logins for its web services, but it’s now turning its attention to one of its most-established communities: Flickr. The Next Web reports that the company has emailed users telling them that Facebook and Google account logins will be removed from the photo-sharing site starting June 30th. Yahoo previously said the change would allow it to offer “the best personalized experience to everyone,” but given its desire to reinvent itself, ridding its services of rival logins keeps users inside its walled garden and helps boost its own userbase. If your desired login option will cease to exist come June 30th, Yahoo asks that you log into the site one last time using your Facebook or Google details. You’ll be required to create a new Yahoo account, which will then be linked with the account you’ve used previously.”

Jane

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

This makes me so nervous, I have no idea what I have.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Hmm. I’ll need to look and see how I’m affected. I never use Facebook or Google login’s for anything other than Facebook and Gmail. I actually still use my orginal Yahoo login! LOL.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

I am more than worried about this, because even though I set up a yahoo account (as requested) it won’t let me in. Says I am not recognized. Have you tried to use the ‘forgotten password’ link? It is rubbish. No help at all. Come the 30th, I might be blocked out :- {

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Try not to panic Katy, surely there will be some solution before then. I am going to check my log in and see if it does the same.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Apparently I already use the yahoo account. It could be that it takes a little while to register maybe Katy? Keep trying and maybe email flickr for help ( or yahoo) so that you can still jump on. It would be disastrous were you to be locked out – I am visualising this great virtual stampede!

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I have a yahoo login and like you Katy, can’t get it to work. I set the account up years ago. I have a hard time remembering what happened last week, let alone login details from years ago. So frustrating.

Jane

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Oh dear. I am a bit worried too. I don’t know if I have a yahoo login or a google/gmail log in. I do know that every once in a while it wants me to relogin and I can’t figure it out and have to “reset” my password even though I know it is the correct password ( I have a password app). It also tells me weird stuff like that login info belongs to X, and you aren’t X. I am kind of like, uh, if I logged in with it, it is me.

Then anytime I try to get Yahoo help, this is what happens: Dig for customer service phone number. 30 mintues before I can find it. Call. Wait 20 minutes, then hear a message like… our call volume is too high, we are disconnecting, please contact us via email.

Take 30 minutes to find the email link. Then the “captcha” thing is broken so you can’t send an email.

Short of it? I hate yahoo and am in great fear of what they do.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

@jesims Ha! Same here, if I didn’t have a diary/notebook I would be lost.

So after my rant I decided to have another go. After numerous attempts and scouring my inbox for clues as to my username, I did manage to make it work. I got in!! I can’t tell you what I was doing wrong or why it wasn’t accepting it but I reset my password and put all my reminder emails in a new folder so they will be easy to find. Moral of the story…. keep at it!

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

@Katybellabug,

I really recommend a password app. I use it everyday. If I change a password, which I had to do thanks to adobe, ebay, and whomever else in the past 6 months, I change it with my ipad next to me. I immediately update it, so I never have to guess which version is the most recent.

Again, I have no guarantees that I will be able to login to flickr at any given time, even with this app helping me. But that is Flickr, not me! 😉

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I have an address book in my desk drawer full of account information and passwords, but most of it is household stuff. I pay all the bills and manage the finances. Hubby knows where the book is in case something should happen and he needs to take over. I don’t have my Flickr login info there, I checked, guess I hadn’t started that system yet when I signed up for my Flickr acct.

Jane

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.