Oliver + S

Fairy tale without tulle?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Gingerkatiesparkles @Gingerkatiesparkles

I was thinking of making the fairy tale dress without the tulle, mainly to simplify things a bit. Has anyone done this? Does the dress still hang properly? I’ll be making it out of quilting weight cotton.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I made it without tulle as a casual dress for my daughter.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/73676143875980814/

I did add more width (fullness) to the skirt panels.

LINK
    JWo @JWo

I made it without the tulle and didn’t add any extra fullness. I also used a quilting weight cotton. I think it still looked good and I don’t think anyone looking would realise the tulle was ‘missing’ (ie the skirt is full enough)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

It doesn’t matter if you don’t do the tulle. It will,still hang well. You can add tulle to a dress of a similar style that doesn’t generally call for it in a pattern so it is just as easy to take it out. It is still quite twirly but if you want it with a huge twirl factor then you could add but I don’t think it is essential. I have made three, all from quilting cotton and two had the tulle.

Hope that helps

LINK
    Gingerkatiesparkles @Gingerkatiesparkles

Great – and thanks for the link to the tutorial, Nicole, it looks great and I love the orange lining! It’s going to be a dressmaking class project that I start in

May so no doubt I’ll be back for advice then 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Katie, good luck at your course and keep us updated, won’t you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.