Oliver + S

Fairy tale with circle skirt?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

Hi! My four year old has declared that she will only wearing “twirly dresses” – she means circle skirts. But she won’t wear skirts – just dresses (ah….. To be four again!). Since I can’t turn down a chance to sew for her, I’m going to indulge her on this one. Most of my patterns have a-line or gathered skirts. I’d prefer to use an Oliver + S pattern, so I was wondering if I could just add a basic circle skirt to the fairy tale dress? I don’t think the gathers in the pattern as is will be twirly enough for her! Thanks….

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Oh, do it! It would be an easy change, and you could gather the top of the circle skirt so it still has some fullness, too. I hope you’ll show us!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have one cut out and ready to go for about two months now, it should work with no problems at all. On mine (that’s not sewn yet) I cut a slit down the entire back to add the zipper in.

LINK
    rimoxie @rimoxie

Thank you so much…. I will give it a try!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I am very late in replying to this, but that is exactly what I did with my daughter’s tea dress for her birthday: http://chefreeni.blogspot.com/2014_06_01_archive.html

LINK
    BeckyinFL @BeckyinFL

What a cutie! The dress is lovely.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Gorgeous!

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

thank you both!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.