Oliver + S

Fabric requirements for the Nature Walk Pullover + Knit Pants sewing pattern

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

To help you with your pre-release fabric shopping, here are the fabric requirements for the new Nature Walk Pullover + Knit Pants sewing pattern.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Wondering if this is a slimmer fitting top? The chest measurements seem smaller than most of the other patterns. Maybe I should go up to 2T rather than 18-24M (in cutting, I see the fabric requirements are the same)?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If in doubt Mel, size up , they always grow !

LINK
    Anonymous @

I agree, Nicole – it’s easy to roll up the sleeves!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We’ve changed the pattern envelope formatting a bit, so the body measurement chart is now printed on the back envelope and the finished measurements are printed on the instruction sheets. We thought it would be more useful when deciding which size to make. Finished garment measurements will be on the website when the patterns become available. I hope that helps!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Perfect Liesl! Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do like this top pattern, especially now I have seen the line drawings ( I find this gives me more of an idea, then seeing it made up )

I am not a big fan of polar fleece, but I think this would make a lovely pull over in wool grubber fabric and I think it is dressy enough to wear over little dresses.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

It does look like it will be very versatile in its make up. I’m very much looking forward to giving it a try with different fabrics for differing times of year.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Any hints for this pattern? Can we use other stretch material for the bottoms? I want to do knits for sure, but would like to try a stretch denim too maybe? Putting my fabric queue together!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I wouldn’t suggest stretch wovens for the pants. The knits need to have at least 25% stretch, so it would have to be a VERY stretchy woven to work. In addition to the fabrics listed on the envelope, I think terry cloth might work. But definitely stick with knits for starters.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Liesl, I’m very happy that you’ve swapped the location of the body measurements and finished measurements. I often wish that they were switched. If only you had room put them both on the envelope, that would be perfect!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.