Oliver + S

fabric requirement for 2T picnic shorts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    scampbell712 @scampbell712

i know the pattern calls for 3/4 yd. fabric A and 1/2 yd. fabric B. i accidentally got 1/2 yd. for fabric A and was wondering if anyone experienced that there was some give on the requirement numbers.

i recently made the family reunion dress and the requirements seemed very liberal. soooo…i was hoping this might be the case for the shorts! thanks for any guidance!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I recently cut the 2T from scraps,so it should be fine.

I was not matching pattern repeats though.

I find O+S give very safe fabric guides as a rule but better safe then sorry. The Apple Picking dress uses every little bit!

LINK

thanks so much! good to know about the apple picking dress 🙂

i’m really glad because i was thinking i got such a good deal on the black linen i purchased and didn’t feel like running out to get more. luckily there is not pattern on the linen so i think i’ll be totally fine.

happy sewing!

LINK

1/2 yd. for 2T shorts was plenty for both fabric A and B. granted i was using a plain linen so no pattern matching but it fit with room to spare.

hope this will help someone in the future if they aren’t sure.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.