Oliver + S

Fabric fusible interfacing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    rastis @rastis

Hello my lovelies! I’m finally starting to get some sewing done, but discovered I’m out of my fabric fusible interfacing. I really like using interfacing that is like a light cotton calico with the sticky interfacing on one side… i really don’t like using the polyester webbing style interfacings that are the easiest to find… thing is it’s been ages since i’ve been sewing and i went to buy some interfacing from my local spotlight and they don’t have it in- really need to get cracking on some of these things (they’re for christmas) so need somewhere asap to get some interfacing from…

so Aussie girls, anyone know where I can get good interfacing from? thanks so much!! x

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Can you get some Heatnbond Lite and make your own with some thin calico? I don’t think I’ve ever see Pre made.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Ooh, yes, was it … MistyFuse? that Liesl did that great post on, for making your own interfacing in whatever pretty fabric you like …

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ooooh I know what you mean V but I have not seen that stuff in a few years. I am a total McCalls fan. The ‘weft’ series.

Maybe a heirloom sewing store may have some?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

V, have a look at this. Cb have it in black also. It is awesome stuff. http://www.countrybumpkin.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=303000

Hope it helps

x T

LINK
    rastis @rastis

ladies thank you so much for all those suggestions! much appreciated 🙂 oh great idea to make one’s own- i never would have thought of that! so many possibilities!

nicole- where do you get mccalls weft?

tamara- off to check that link thank you muchly!!

you guys are tops!!!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I pretty much avoid the fusible stuff altogether except in a very few instances. I use fabric such as voile, muslin, organdy, poplin, or something depending on the fashion fabric. I really prefer how it feels to wear instead of the synthetic stuff. It’s more comfortable, breathable, I never worry about it puckering up in the wash and it just feels a little couture.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.