Oliver + S

Fabric for Apple Picking Dress

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    jaimielaura @jaimielaura

I am interested in making this dress for my 2 year old for fall. Because it has a long sleeve and high neck, I think it could be really nice for fall/winter. Does anyone have suggestions for a fabric type I should consider given the time of year I would like to make this dress? So many of the OS dresses have quilting cotton, linen, cotton lawn or other light weight materials suggested for them. I would like to get some versatility out of the patterns and be able to make them for the fall/winter as well. Any input is appreciated!!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think some ladies have made this from flannel and corduroy. I also think it could be roomy enough to layer with a long sleeved tee underneath… just a few suggestions.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you wish to layer under this dress I would consider sizing up. It wouldn’t hurt to have the extra length and that would avoid the underarm being too firm.

It has indeed been made in flannelette and in fine pinwale cord. I think a suiting wool would be lovely too.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I have plans for this dress for the holidays in velveteen… but recently I saw a yummy tweed washable wool that I might succumb to.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have done this dress in corduroy and flannel with lovely results. I find this pattern to run short in the length so I do have to add length to the skirt.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

I want to try it in charcoal denim type fabric with some other bright fabric for contrast.

LINK
    wendy @wendyls

There are some absolutely beautiful versions in the Flickr pool done in plaid flannel, and very nice for that particular age. Here’s one example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62965189@N02/6306350753/in/faves-wendyls1/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.