Oliver + S

Eek- my little girl is growing up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    MyBellaGirl @MyBellaGirl

Hello~ My daughter is 5 1/2 and starting kindergarten in the fall. I fear my Oliver and S days are growing short 🙁 For those of you with older children when did they stop wearing handmade clothing? Just need a little reassurance that I still have some sewing time left- Ha Ha!

LINK
    ckcsbella @ckcsbella

My oldest is 6 and a half. And has just requested about 4 Oliver + S blouses. I find that the older one doesn’t want the same things as the younger, but she still wants me to make her things!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

My oldest is 11 and she still likes it when I sew for her. Though it’s been mostly Ottobre Design patterns that she gravitates towards. I ordered the Jump Rope pattern and am hoping that she’ll “approve” and that I’ll be able to adjust an 8 to fit her.

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Liesl’s additional up-sizes after the first edition were such a Blessing when my daughter was having O+S growing pains, too. The Puppet Show and Tea Party Patterns are slowly fading into the distant past of her size range – they might need a pattern memorial service. 😉 I’m very, very grateful the new patterns are going up to size 12.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I love the new size range and I just wish I had discovered this elegant, age appropriate range of patterns when my eldest was a baby. He is nearly 13 and still quite happy to wear home made.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think it’s great that your son loves your handmade things Nicole! Seems you see so much sewing for girls, but rarely anything for boys. Almost makes you believe that boys don’t like personalized things. The boy O+S patterns are great! Glad there’s something out there for me if we have another and it’s a boy!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think you just have to give boys a chance, but also be prepared for them to ‘trash’ your precious creations. Son&Heirs Sketchbook pants spent several days soaking in Napisan after the ram sales !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.