Oliver + S

Dress flounce length

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    victoriaberry @victoriaberry

I am, for some reason unknown to me, having trouble with the dress flounce. It’s too long by three inches, and I can’t pin it to the dress. I’ve looked through the pattern and the instructions and I cannot for the life of me figure out what has happened. I really, really, really do not want to re-cut and attach bias tape again (if I never see bias tape again, I’ll be very happy!). Anybody have an idea of what went wrong?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

May I ask you which size you are having trouble with?

I did a tutorial here http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/pinwheel-slip-dress-tutorial.html maybe that could be of some help to you?

Please come back if it is not.

~Nicole~

LINK
    mrskanuckles @mrskanuckles

Did you baste the flounce together in a v shape first? At first glance It appears as if the flounce should be sewn on not in a v shape, like you should just attach it, but the bias, once sewn into v against the other end of the flouce will touch the seam allowance on the dress. This may not be your case, but I know I had to think twice. Sorry… it is hard to explain.

LINK
    victoriaberry @victoriaberry

Thanks for the replies. I am working on a Size 4. The flounce for the tunic went on with no trouble at all — you’re right mrsknuckles, it did take some mental figuring , so I assumed this would go on easily, too. I did baste it first.l I’m going to play around again tonight to see if I can work it out. It’s the last step on the dress — I’m anxious to get it done!

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

As the world’s laziest seamstress, I am going to suggest just cutting off the ‘extra’ three inches of the flounce.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.