Oliver + S

Doll Patterns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    ali4579 @ali4579

Hi Everyone

I’m sewing my little girl the Tea Party Sundress for Christmas, and while I was looking for seam finish ideas, I saw a post on this forum that said there is a matching doll pattern. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get it from please? I can’t seem to find it on the site (or from the shop where I bought the original pattern).

I’m in Western Australia, so I’m probably dreaming if I think I could get a pattern delivered and made up in time in addition to the dress I’m making her. But we all get a little loopy at Christmas 😉 I’m nowhere near skilled enough to draft the pattern from scratch, but I think I could shrink an American Girl pattern to fit her doll (a tollytots doll, I’m guessing about 11″ – peeling the doll from her to measure it up will be the next challenge!).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ali

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It is from the Little Things To Sew book Ali.

If you look above you will see ”book”,click on that for a direct look.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ah! NIcole your are too quick!

HI fellow West Aussie Ali. Welcome!

The book is really nice to have but you are right it won’t make it in time for Christmas. Is there a birthday soon you could make for her then?

Tamara

LINK
    ali4579 @ali4579

Thanks so much for the quick replies everyone! I will have to get the book, it looks gorgeous.

Thanks for the link to the free pattern too! It will definitely come in handy. I’ll see about making Jess a nearly matching dress using that pattern, and next time I make her a tea party sundress (i’m sure this is the first of many!) I’ll be able to get the book and make it to match.

Of course today I peeled the clothes off dolly to get a better look and realised she’s a soft body with hard hands and feet joined at the wrists/ankles. Creepy! Whatever I make will have to have a long sleeved shirt and leggings 😉

Thanks again for all the advice! Nice to see there are other sandgropers on the forums too 😉

Ali

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.