Oliver + S

Discontinued Patterns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    savingbananas @savingbananas

Will you be putting your discontinued patterns in a book, or reissuing them? My daughter is 8 this year, so I’m wondering if I’ve missed the boat with your patterns or should I keep watching?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I don’t think the patterns will be re-issued,but if your daughter is 8 they may not have been much use to you as they were smaller sizes.

If you click on the patterns link above,you can view them all and check the sizing.

Many of the out of print patterns are available from online stores.

I hope this is some help.

Nicole

LINK
    savingbananas @savingbananas

Thanks for the reply. It never hurts to put bug in the ear (does that statement sound weird??) even if it would still be to late for me. (Although, I better get grandchildren after suffering through teenager years)( We’re only a year and a half in and some days all I can do is cover my head and say “it’s only a couple more years, it’s only a couple more years).

I was able to find the Jump Rope Dress pattern, but I really had to search AND search AND search AND then call to make sure the store actually had the pattern. One of the reasons I resisted buying the pattern in the first place was because I wouldn’t be able to get my “years” of use, but the more I thought about it the more I felt like it would be useful to have great instructions on how to put in a placket. That and my daughter is fairly petite. So I’ll be able to use the 2 dresses this year and next year I’ll just lengthen the dress and it will probably fit fine.

And she is my ONLY girl. (prone to having boys) So it’s fun to sew something really beautiful and darn the “years of use”. (This statement is so not me). My next sewing adventure is sewing a batman shirt from an older Ottobre, it’s been promised since March.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If she is petite the size 8 will be fine!

The instructions are excellent!

LINK
    kimsurf77 @kimsurf77

You Could get the larger size patterns and grade them to a larger size. Most of the Oliver and S patterns are relatively simple and easy to grade. There are several videos on youtube that describe how to grade patterns. It takes time, but you could get lots of use on the patterns beyond the sizes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.