Oliver + S

Directions for taping together the PDF's?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    clt3 @clt3

I’m seeing several 1A’s and 1 B’s. I’m not sure how these are supposed to go together. Any advice?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

They may spin around and be attached to the other side.

These PDF’s are very good and rather then making a huge sheet, you put together the pattern pieces.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I think each piece has an A1 and a B1 etc. Good luck

LINK
    clt3 @clt3

I figured it out, sort of. I had to cut one piece in half vertically, but I still have a mystery small piece that doesn’t appear to fit anywhere. I guess I’ll look at the printed pattern I own in the larger size range.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Which pattern were you making?

Whenever I print a PDF I am left with one sheet of random pieces. I am in AUS printing on a home printer.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

You shouldn’t have any pieces left over that have lines on them. Some pieces of paper may need to be cut in half vertically or horizontally and used to complete different pattern pieces. But that should be pretty clear because you will see different numbered keys on different sides of the sheet. Any corner or edge that is supposed to be taped to another corner or edge will have a numbered key telling you where to join.

You can always compare the pieces you have taped together to the full sized pattern sheet which is the last page in the file to see if you have put any pieces together in the wrong way.

LINK
    clt3 @clt3

It’s the Roller Skate dress. I think it is just part of that last sheet with part of the test square and part of the back neck facing. I printed pages 14-26 and I guess I could have stopped at page 25.

LINK
    PreemieMomma @PreemieMomma

I pretty much only buy patterns via pdf and found O&S pattern pieces to be so confusing the first time I bought a pattern. Once I figured out the system, now I think it’s easy peasy but I remember cursing and pulling my hair out trying to figure it out since it was unlike any other pdf patterns I’d ever used. The letter key in the corner is the primary thing to go by rather than getting pages to line up.

LINK
    bren5kids @bren5kids

The key thing to remember is that you’re not trying to put together one big sheet of patterns, but rather individual pattern pieces.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.