Oliver + S

Different sleeves

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    enajybbil @enajybbil

Would it be possible to put the short version of the 2+2 blouse sleeves on the Playdate Dress? I’ve made that dress about 5 times and I’m looking for something to mix it up a bit!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Let me check these patterns on Monday when I’m back in the studio. I can’t recall whether the armhole is the same size and/or what sleeve sloper we used for this pattern. I’ll get back to you on this shortly.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

I am curious to see whether interchanging those pattern pieces would work–easier than drafting a sleeve oneself 🙂

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Sorry I haven’t had a chance to check this yet–the past few days have been hectic at the studio. But here’s a quick answer to your question: if you compare the armhole on both patterns (be sure you’re checking the same size on each), if the armhole is the same size and shape, you can swap sleeves. If the armhole is larger or smaller, the sleeve would not fit properly. I hope this helps!

LINK
    enajybbil @enajybbil

Yep it sure does! Thank you for the advice. I never would have thought to check for that!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Feeling a bit lazy to check myself, did they swop over nicely?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.