Oliver + S

Different bust/waist/hip sizes – where to alter?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    MamaTilney @MamaTilney

I’ve got narrow shoulders with a wider waist and still wider hips. I’m shaped rather like a… Christmas tree? (Sounds so much more festive and fun than ‘triangle,’ doesn’t it?) In Liesl + Co. patterns, I’m a size 2 bust/size 6 waist/size 10 hips.

I’ve had great success blending those three sizes in the Diplomat dress, and am considering doing so with my first Cappuccino dress, but I can’t tell where on the dress my waist and hips will be (approximately). Can anyone help me figure out at which point I need to have blended the pattern to a larger size?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I would suggest holding the side front panel up to your body so you can determine where the waist and hips are for you vs. the pattern. I’d also suggest making a muslin because there is quite a bit of ease through the waist and the hips in this pattern. You might find that you don’t need to change it too much. But if you do, here is a tutorial to help with blending. You’d mostly be blending the side seam of the front and back panels, I would imagine: https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2013/11/blending-between-sizes.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.