Oliver + S

customizing nominations?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Anyone want to nominate an outfit for the “customizing with Oliver + S” guest posts? I know there have been so many amazing projects that have shown up in the Flickr group over the years. Is there one you’ve always been curious about and want to know more?

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I don’t know about “always curious,” since it just popped up, but I LOVE the Sailboat dress that was posted yesterday. The idea never would have occurred to me, but I’m totally going to copy it.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

beach mom’s 2+2, it looks great and I would love to make one too!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Links people!! I want to see all this gloriousness! (Off to flickr to look see)

LINK
    mela @mela

I LOVE beachmom’s class picnic shorts with the ruffle! I see she just posted a tutorial on her blog, which i’m too excited about! its on my list of things to sew next.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I want to learn how to sew Mother of 5’s lining for the detective coat. Then I could make the coat out of navy lightweight wool and line it.

I made a pair of picnic shorts with a ruffle- going for the jcrew look. Mine do not look nearly as nice as beachmom’s. I used the entire fat facing to enclose the ruffle on the inside so it pulled and bunched the outside. I needed to narrow the facing to make it a finished 1/2 in or 1/4 inch wide. The shorts look OK if I press the tar out of them. Also my ruffle wasn’t gathered as consistently as beachmom’s. I would like to learn how she did those shorts, too.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Here is the link to beachmom’s ruffle shorts. http://siestasandsewing.blogspot.com/2012/05/ruffle-shorts-tutorial.html

I know I will be giving this a try soon!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Jennifer,I plan to make Matilda one and I will blog a tutorial but in a nut shell,I made two coats,put them together and then sewed the facings treating the lining and coat as one. It was heavy and bulky with my fabric choices but not hard.

I would like to see Cindy’s 2+2 blouse!

LINK

It is the flap in the bottom center of the back that I think is tricky when lining a coat.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It wasn’t,I sewed them but did not top stitch them. When I put the lining and coat together I slipped one over the other and then topstitched the pleat in place.

LINK

I have tried to do a flap and totally messed it up. I can’t wait for the tutorial. Here is beachmom’s modified 2+2: http://siestasandsewing.blogspot.com/2012/05/color-challenge-true-blue.html

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Are you able to unpick it? Can I talk you through it?

Thanks for the link.

LINK

It is too late for that. It was sewn from a Simplicity pattern for a jacket for my college age daughter. I made it using summer weight wool and lined it with tradition silky lining fabric. It was a disaster. I worked really hard on it but the lining pulled at the outer fabric so it couldn’t hang correctly. I sent it to my daughter anyway so that she would know how hard I tried and that I loved her that much. I threw the pattern away yesterday. I have been so spoiled by Liesl.

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

The liberty corduroy playdate with full lining and ruffle please by SEWMENTALMAMA! I don’t even have a girl, but I will find one in order to make that one!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37651834@N06/6924227728/

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Hey everyone,

Cindy’s 2+2 is coming tomorrow–I knew you’d like that one, so I asked her right away. Nicole, do you want to do a lining post for us on the trench coat? I’d love it if you would. It sounds like it would be helpful to see and/or get an explanation of how you did the pleat. Thanks the the compliment, Jennifer! And Katja, I’m guessing the Playdate simply has a second dress as the lining, with an added ruffle to the outside dress? Shall we ask her? That pattern is out of print right now, but I’ll find out where it is on our To Do list for downloadable patterns and maybe we can do it close to the release date.

Thanks, everyone! And if you see anything in the archives that we should re-visit, just let me know. I’m having lots of fun featuring all your creativity and hope you’re enjoying it, too!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.