Oliver + S

Corduroy for ths dress?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    knitsewreadlove @knitsewreadlove

I was wondering if anyone has tried this dress in corduroy yet? I have some fabulous, very thin wale corduroy that I was thinking of using on this pattern for a fall-ish dress, but I wasn’t sure if it would work with all the little pleats/pin-tucks. This is one of the few O+Ss in my stash I haven’t made yet, so any help/advising would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If it is very fine it may work….I have not made this beauty yet,but many years back I smocked a pinwale cord dress that had pin-tucks around the hem very similar to this one and I had no problems.

Will you make the sleeves longer? Extending them straight out and gathering then finishing them with a self cuff or binding a-la School Photo dress would look gorgeous.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

What if you turned the pleats to gathers?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes It should work. Just keep in mind though with corduroy, it has a pile so the pintucks may look a bit wonky – they will only look that way but not be that way. Also if you were to do a corduroy neck piece, be sure to cut it so the nap is going in the same direction as the main dress pieces.

Other than that, using pinwale or babywale corduroy will be just fine – in my opinion anyway.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh yes Meleliza,gathers and the stitch across them horizontally every 1,2 inch or so-lovely!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.