Oliver + S

Convert Top into Dress?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    G + G @kate_conley

I just finished making my daughter the ruffled halter and am thinking about making it again, this time lenthing the top so that it becomes a sundress. Has anyone else tried this?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Ooooh – what a good idea! I haven’t done it but I’d be interested in hearing of anyone else has too!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think it’d be lovely and also very ‘in’ this season. I was just at Old Navy yesterday picking up a few things for myself and saw a ruffle halter dress that looked distractingly familiar to Liesl’s. Do it and let the Big Box stores see you do it!

On that note, Target (went in for hair ties and a dress for myself – even though my sewing has nearly ceased completely, I still can’t bring myself to buy the Niblet anything from the shops!) has a dress that is shockingly close to the Jump Rope.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi Kate,I ran this idea past my twins this morning and they LOVED your idea!(and promptly put in requests)!

They suggested to follow the A-line of the pattern as you lengthen it so there is room to move and if you make it any longer than knee length,consider adding little side splits at the side seams.

I look forward to seeing what you make!

So many lovely ideas……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.