Oliver + S

Convert to maternity skirt?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I absolutely love this skirt, and I am wondering if it is too high waisted to convert to a maternity skirt? I was thinking about maybe inserting some jersey or elastic into the front waistband at either side. I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Helena

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

It actually works as a early-to-middle maternity skirt as is. My girlfriend snitched mine and wears it with a skinny tee. It looks super cute.

The elastic back gives it a lot of ease.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Helena, maybe you could adapt the skirt with jersey for your later stages? That way you could still work. It depends on how the bump grows doesn’t it? But I think you could easily adapt with some jersey at the top if you think you might need the extra room. Or I am wondering how it would go altogether in a knit. I haven’t made this yet so I am just throwing some ideas out there for you.

Good luck, can’t wait to see what you’ve come up with.

Tamara

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I shouldn’t think you’d need to convert anything. It’s an elastic waisted skirt, just pull on and wear wherever under/over the belly it’s comfortable. You could perhaps use buttonhole elastic to make the waist more adjustable.

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

Thank you for the advice, I’d better buy the pattern and give it a whirl!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.