Oliver + S

Colour Suggestion for Trim ?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am about to cut out a Sketchbook Shirt for Son&Heir from a navy cotton with 1/2 ” white stars printed on it. I shall have some scraps , so I thought I might make a 2+2 blouse for Little One, omitting the tie’s and double pleating the front to make it unisex .

I would love some suggestions for the trim and binding, bearing in mind I would like to make it suitable for boy in case the next is a blue one !

I had thought a mini red gingham, any other ideas ?

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I was going to suggest a red. I think those colors and that combo are great for boys and girls alike. I have to ask since I think now I have read twice or three times about next one…are you expecting?!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

No, not at the moment , but Little One is getting so big now……..

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’ve been thinking more about this…maybe a lighter green – a mint color – would work too? I definitely like the gingham idea though, I’m a sucker for it.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oooh , green sounds nice, I have some fine lime gingham !

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Here, here on the green! I love those two together!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Sounds like the green might be the go !

Fine, so it looks like a solid from a distance , medium, large or extra large gingham? I have some where the white squares are a similar size to the white stars on the main fabric.

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

That’s a cute idea to match the size to the stars, very detailed thinking. 🙂 I jsut wish I had a stash like that!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I think probably the sizing similarity might be good for bringing the eyes to the details, rather than just the darker color. Can’t wait to see this one! And yes, Nicole’s stash does sound (and look!) amazing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Girls, lots of help, I love this forum !

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Miss Nicole, is there some exciting news to share?!

“suitable for boy in case the next is a blue one”

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Goodness, No , I just like to be organized !

( I talk about the next one before I have left the delivery room )

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.