Oliver + S

City Weekend Fabric

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • LINK
    Adaircam @Adaircam

When can we expect to find the City Weekend fabric in shops or online? I’ve read maybe September but wonder if there is a more specific date and perhaps even an online source list.

Thanks, Sarah

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Moda is still finalizing an exact shipping date for the City Weekend collection. It’s scheduled for their September delivery, so I would expect to see it start showing up in stores toward the end of the month or in early October.

A word of advice: if you’re interested in fabric from the collection you’ll want to purchase early. The print run was managed very closely, and we don’t expect that retailers will be able to order much additional stock after they receive their first delivery.

I would recommend you start by checking with your local independent fabric store to see if they picked up the line. It’s really worth a trip to the store so that you can see and feel the hand on the fabrics–especially the knits.

But if you can’t get it locally (which I know is always an issue for some people) most of the major and best-known on-line retailers will have it available. I know that it will be carried by Fabric.com, PurlSoho.com, SewMamaSew.com, QuiltHome.com, FatQuarterShop.com, as well as by many other online retailers.

Sorry if I left anyone who is carrying it off the list. If your on-line store is carrying the line, feel free to post a comment letting people know.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m so glad to know that Fabric.com and SewMamaSew.com will be carrying the line! Since this line isn’t re-orderable does that mean there won’t be more collections from O+S?

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

The current plan is to release new Oliver + S fabric collections twice a year. The Spring 2011 collection is done, and work is underway already for Fall 2011. Because collections will come out so frequently, individual collections are produced to only have a shelf life of a few months.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Wonderful! Something to look forward to! Thanks.

LINK
    Aviatrix51 @Aviatrix51

I was able to preorder on Hancock’s of Paducah’s website.

I did.

Don’t tell my husband.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Whoa! Thanks for sharing with us – I won’t tell! 🙂

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Yes, thanks for this tip. I woke up this morning in a crummy mood and now I feel better. I must be an O+S addict!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Ditto! The baby and I seem be on rotating crappy sleep schedules. Yikes.

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Yup! You nailed the reason why I woke up in a crummy mood…my 1.5 year old sleeps great until I really need to catch up on sleep. This and flickr pics are where I get my fix now (along with coffee and chocolate, of course.)

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

I was in the mood to learn more about the new fabrics this morning, too! I love knowing I might be able to pre-order them!!! Will search right away.

I hope all of you sweet young moms get to catch some zzzzzs. My little one is all grown but I remember the lack of sleep! xoxo, Nancy

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Especially looking forward to trying out the knits! If one of you guys in the US finds a good source with reasonable shipping costs, please share!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Ditto for Australia !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.