Oliver + S

Chez Ami Supplex

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Has anyone used the Chez Ami supplex nylon? I’m trying to source fabric for hiking/camping pants for my kids. Is it going to be too lightweight? From what I’ve read supplex breathes and is tightly woven enough to keep out bug bites. But, it also seems that all supplex is not created equally in terms of weight and ruggedness. Anyone have any experience?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am no help with Chez Ami MC, but I have got on rather well buying XXL camping trousers from Op Shops and at end of season sales and cutting them up to make puddle pants.

Just in case you get stuck.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Oh this fabric sounds like I want to give it a go. I never used it but I want to buy some and try it out for my boys. Maybe order just enough for a trial pair and see how you like it?

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

It’s fairly lightweight but sturdy and dries quickly, think of boys’ swim trunks as many are made of this but it works as field pants and water resistant jackets for the kids. also good for windy days and it can be layered over a sweatshirt to go into cold weather or beachside. you have to order it on 2 yrd increments but you’ll find uses for it. My project now is making a pair of garden/farm capris for me from this fabric, they end at the top of my muck boots.

LINK
    bethasaur @bethasaur

I was about to order some, but then saw the shipping time says 6-8 weeks! Here in Vermont, summer will be over by then. 🙁

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

Good idea, Nicole. I’ll be on the lookout…

Thanks for the info brenda1652. I think that is what I need. Does it stretch? We will be doing a big trip this summer and need at least a few things that will dry quick. Unfortunately….2yards doesn’t go as far around here as it used to. My kids won’t stop getting bigger! 🙂

yikes! 6-8wks! I’ve ordered from them before but can’t remember how long it took…

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I bought a piece during their last sale, and it’s very lightweight, but rugged, with no stretch. It’s good for boys swim trunks, or some pants that won’t ever see an iron. Wash, wear, type things. The fabric’s been earmarked for a pair of cargos, but I imagine I’ll have some leftovers from my 2 yards, so I appreciate the ideas above!

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I do so appreciate the input. And, it is on sale today!! Now to pick colors…. I’m not much for brights, but in this case I think they will work well.

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

6-8 weeks shipping? I have always received my orders within 2 weeks, wondering if they note the long time frame to reduce the “where is my order” emails? But, for winter use, a pair of water resistant elastic waist pants to pull over sweat pants for kids who think they have outgrown snow pants, as well as barn pants for me. The fabric breathes, so it’s good for when you may get sweaty wearing them, unlike the vinyl coated fabrics. I know your winters in VT must be very similar to mine here in Washington County, NY. I am thinking of using a scrap piece to make fleece lined mittens, then using something like grippy fabric (the stuff we use for slipper feet) for over the palm area. anybody try this? This fabric will not grab and hold onto hay the way other mitten fabrics do.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I wonder how much the postage to Australia would be for this fabric? ItWwould be perfect for playing in the dirt Field Trip Cargos!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.