Oliver + S

buttons?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    lauren @lrnbckmn

i am *almost* finished with my all day shirt that i am sewing for my husband! i assumed that the fabric shop up the street would have buttons, but they do not and i am struggling to find buttons in the two sizes that match each other and are navy blue. does anyone have any suggestions?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

@lrnbckmn, do you have an old shirt in your rag bag that you can salvage the buttons from?
    Or you could try an Op-Shop?
    Maybe ask around your friends? Many of the mass produced shirts have those little collar buttons as standard.

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

You might try Farmhouse Fabrics – they have a wide button selection, and at least in their MOP buttons have a range of sizes, including the small cuff placket size (I’ve ordered buttons from them for a Classic Shirt). Their search function on the site is not great, so you may have to go digging, but they ship quickly, and they have lovely stuff.

Or I’d second Nicole’s suggestion to scavenge off an old shirt, yours or something from a thrift store. FWIW, I share your frustration about not being able to get them at your local stores – mine also have limited selections that seem more geared to scrapbooking than fastening actual garments.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.