Oliver + S

button placement

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    Aesoon @Aesoon

I just downloaded and started making the firefly jacket. Is it my imagination or is there no placement marking for buttons?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Well,I thought it was just me!

I drafted it off in such a hurry and then put my pattern away and was too lazy to get it out again.

I would love to know this too!

I tried it on Zara and marked where the buttons should go.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I had markings on my pattern. There were two little x:es for button placement and three dots on the front edge for button loops. I have the 5-12 sizes.

LINK
    Ashley @Ashley

I had markings on my pattern too (size 5-12)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome,thanks!

I love this forum.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Aesoon @Aesoon

That must be it. I bought the smaller size and I carefully looked at the pattern again and there are no x marks.

LINK
    Jane @jesims

I have the smaller version too. I don’t see any x’s but I do see some dots on 3 of the pages. Are any of those for button placement?

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

There are three dots to indicate button loop placement on a front piece and a dot in the back where you start the pleat on the back panel. But I can’t remember any other dots on my pattern. Maybe there is on the smaller sizes?

LINK
    Aesoon @Aesoon

On the pattern for the smaller size that I downloaded, there are the three dots and the single dot, but no x’s. Perhaps the smaller size download is missing the button placement mark?

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I think they are the most difficult buttons to sew on, yet. I was thinking that it might be easier to sew them on before the inside and the outside are put together. When I placed the buttons, I laid the jacket flat and then matched up the bottoms in the front overlapping the front edges. The front neckline is at an angle. The effort is well worth it. The jacket is so cute! I love the hem line and the pleat and how it makes sort of a swing.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Well, isn’t this interesting….

I’ve taken a look into this. The markings are there and are visible on the 5-12 size. And on the 6M-4 size, the two “x” markings for the button placement are there–they really are. It’s just that they fall right behind the “1A” symbols for joining pages 15 and 16 of the PDF. As a result they get lost in the black of the 1A circles.

If you look at the large pattern sheet on page 26 of the 6M-4 size you will see where they are relative to the other landmarks on that piece. If you’re working with the tiled pattern pieces in the 6M-4 size, you can use the 1A symbols for your button placement.

I’ve updated the PDF file to allow the marks to be seen more easily going forward. If this is a real issue for you and you have purchased a copy of this pattern from us and would like an updated version, please email information@oliverands.com with your request and we’ll make sure you get a new one.

LINK
    Aesoon @Aesoon

Thank you, thank you Todd for solving this mystery.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.