Oliver + S

Buttons, Trim, Other Notions…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Michellephant @Michellephant

Okay, now that I’ve been looking at everyone’s Tea Party dresses on Flickr (my next pattern), I realize I need to find some really cool buttons! We have limited options in San Diego (even though it’s such a great big city). Where does everyone get their buttons and trim? When I lived in NYC I went to M&J Trim and they have an online store. Where else?

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Have you checked any yarn stores? They often carry interesting buttons. I don’t buy buttons online– I sometimes pick up bags of buttons at a flea market or yard sale, occasionally splash out if I’m somewhere with a fabulous button store, and save buttons from old shirts before tearing them up for rags. Pearlized snaps are great for the tea party dress, too!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I get a lot off of eBay.

Check out ‘buttons’ and ‘other sewing’.

~Nicole~

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Definitely the yarn stores. They carry a higher quality of button. I also stock up when Joann has buttons on sale. They do have some nice shell options as well as wood, etc. I also save the extra buttons that come from my nicer clothes. I use them for the dresses that require single buttons.

Other trims are harder to come by without a dedicated store. I order frequently from Harts in Santa Cruz. They have very good quality ribbons, zippers, etc. There’s all kinds of stuff on Etsy, including lots of Japanese sellers, but you have to take a few chances and shop carefully to find a seller you like.

LINK
    Michellephant @Michellephant

Thanks everyone! I’ll check out some yarn stores in the area first and see if I can find some things. Will also look on Etsy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.