Oliver + S

Bodice Lining on the Puppet Show Tunic/Dress

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have just made this very sweet little pattern for the second time , this time as a tunic ( I previously made it as a dress in dupion silk )

Last time it sewed like a dream , maybe it was the silk , like wool it it lovely to shape and steam in place. This time , no matter how carefully I pressed and folded , I could not achieve a really neat inside finish . I think where I went wrong was leaving the seam allowance too large on the bodice lining , thus it would not fold back neatly on the curves. Next time I think I will trim the bodice lining seam allowance with pinking shears or clip the curves more before folding under OR I will sew the bodice , bodice lining and sleeve all together and overlock or bind the sleeve as I did on this School Photo dress http://www.flickr.com/photos/motherof5/5038148397/

I would LOVE to hear from anyone else who has made this , including Liesl , if you are able to tell me where I went wrong I will be thrilled!

( I also wondered about making the bodice lining in a stretch cotton, just for a little ease )

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Sorry I have made 3 and was not completely happy with the finish on this aspect of any of them… all 3 have been in quilting cottons so you may have to stick to silk 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.