Oliver + S

Big mistake: can these pants be saved?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    leandre @leandre

I am making 5 pairs of Bedtime Story PJ pants for Christmas. Once they’re done, I will have made 10-12 pairs, so one would think I would have gotten this down pat by now, right? Ha.

I just realized that for 3 of the pairs (all the same fabric) I mistakenly cut 2 left legs for each pair. (My fabric wasn’t doubled when I cut it; long story.) I didn’t realize this until the inseam of every leg was sewn and I went to slip one leg in to the other. I have no extra fabric.

Is there any way to fix this, or is the only answer to buy enough addt’l fabric for 3 more legs, one in each size?

LINK
    losabia @losabia

How much of the contrast fabric do you have left for those sets? Could you make the right legs out of the contrast? It could be fun and funky to have mismatched legs 🙂

LINK
    Anonymous @

Sorry to hear that! I’ve done the same thing before and it’s a really awful thing to discover! There is no way to fix it but re-cut those pieces as far as I know. You might see if you can cut one of the smallest size out of the largest leg? As for the other two, I think you’ll need to buy enough additional fabric for 1 leg each. 🙁

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Apart from Losabia’s contrast leg suggestion, I’m afraid there’s no easy solution 🙁 – I have made shorts with contrasting legs though, and they do look quite funky! (Well, I think they do!)

LINK
    leandre @leandre

Thanks, all. I don’t have enough of the contrasting fabric so I think I’m off to buy more of the pant fabric. So bummed! (I splurged on great flannel as these are gifts, too.) I will never (I hope) make THAT mistake again.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Maybe you can do something cute with the extra left legs. Perhaps a little bag to gift the jammies in?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

What a great idea!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Could you cut them down to hipster pants? Without a clear front or back, even them up so they could be either leg?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.