Oliver + S

Badminton top in voile

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    KMcSews @KMcSews

This pattern and voile are both new to me — any suggestions? Good idea? Or is the voile too thin? We’ll use it as a pajama top (inspired by one of the recent photos on Flickr, thank you!) so it doesn’t need to look as crisp as it would for daytime wear, but I wonder if I should use a different fabric for the facings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Voile is a perfect choice. I made one entirely in voile (facings, ruffles, everything) and had no problems. http://www.flickr.com/photos/23557464@N03/6968551522/in/set-72157629901874815

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Voile would be dreamy. Use a light interfacing if you are concerned.

LINK
    mcholley1 @mcholley1

I made one all in voile last summer too. My daughter loved it!! I interfaced the yoke/facing pieces. It did make it easier to neatly turn those edges under.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35277885@N06/8645875687/in/set-72157633081231091/

I can’t wait to see what you make!

LINK
    KMcSews @KMcSews

Thanks for the advice and encouragement! Fabric is now cut and I’m just about ready to start sewing. I think I’ll try some interfacing. Should I do both the yoke and the facing, or just one or the other?

Lovely photos, roundtheworldgirl and mcholley1! Thanks for sharing the links!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Traditionally the interfacing is used on the facing.

A very soft interfacing like sheerweft would be lovely with a voile.

LINK
    KMcSews @KMcSews

It worked! And I can’t wait to use voile again — it was lovely. I was intimidated by this pattern for so long, but as is always the case with O+S patterns, the instructions were great and it went together beautifully.

Oliver + S badminton top

I did use interfacing, and by mistake I used it on the yoke instead of the facing. It actually worked really well that way so I’ll call it a lucky accident!

Thanks for your help, everyone!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh well done!

I often interface the right side and not the facing. I think if you use a good quality interfacing that won’t bubble it is fine.

Off to have a peep!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.