Oliver + S

Badminton suitable for knits?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I think I remember seeing someone doing the Badminton top in knit but truly can’t remember who. I can’t remember how it turned out either.

I have some Stella knit – full of spandex (the Aussie girls will know what I’m talking about) and am tempted to use it in conjunction with a complimentary woven for the trims.

Would it work? Would it turn out too stretchy and be absolutely not wearable?

I need to make this as the weather is heating up and the kids need clothes suitable for the season.

Any thoughts?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work but I would sew a basting stitch along the knit edges to prevent stretching.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thanks Nicole! I think I will try it out with one and see how it pans out. Then report back to let everyone know – they may be interested!

Tamara

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Definatly interested.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I thought my pattern went AWOL! But then I found it in a place it shouldn’t have been – an after effect of my foiled sewing plans perhaps. I’m placing this on the list to do Sunday afternoon when I have more than five minutes together and I can hide from the world.

LINK
    dare moi @dare moi

I have been considering a knit version for a summer nighty that has been requested. I may have to go for a lighter weight than stella, so i’ll let you know if i butcher it. xoxx s

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I should think that if it is like Stella in holding its shape then it shouldn’t be so bad. But it seems you are more likely to tackle this challenge before I get to it so I am waiting with anticipation for the results.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Just letting you know it works! I made this yesterday afternoon as a desperate measure to get my sewing groove on again. I used stella with a woven print for the facings etc. I fits like a loose fit suntop which is perfect for our weather.

Photos to come.

Tamara

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.