Oliver + S

Backpack strap adjusters?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    sarahd2711 @sarahd2711

Does anyone have a good source for the strap adjusters for the backpack? I looked at pacifictrimming.com and only saw smooth metal sliders in size 1 1/2 inch. I found plastic ones at Joann.com that look like they might have a little more grip, but only in size 1 inch.

LINK
    ilovebeam @ilovebeam

I found black plastic ones at Hancock Fabrics.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Have you got a leather shop near you? I found mine there and they were only 50c each and they also had the larger ones for the messenger bag very cheaply as well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Or cut up a salvaged bag?

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

I ordered mine from Strapworks: http://www.strapworks.com/Plastic_Slides_p/ps.htm

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I had to use strap works as well, as I could only find 1″ ones locally. They have good prices so I ordered several sets in case I wanted them in the future. I found the shipping to be quick too.

LINK
    meghanclinard @meghanclinard

I used the vendor “SewingSupplies” on Etsy, and was really pleased with the quality:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/72784706/10-sets-1-12-inch-slide-and-loop-set?ref=shop_home_active

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I also usually use etsy for this kind of thing. Way cheaper than my local big box shop with more selection and I like that often you can find a small business to support

LINK
    scampbell712 @scampbell712

i just wanted to say this so that anyone buying from this company knows a little more.

i had a hard time finding 1 1/2 inch strap adjusters locally but was on a deadline so i really didn’t want to wait long for shipping.

i ordered from strapworks.com like this forum said to do and i was so please.

they have a large selection and great prices. i think the same strap adjusters at joann (for two adjusters) was like $3-$4. I paid $0.88 a piece for the ones I got and they look sturdier.

order date to deliver date was 4 days!!! very fast in my opinion compared to a lot of companies i’ve dealt with.

great suggestion SarahB 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.