Oliver + S

attaching the collar/tie question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    kmgoodall @kmgoodall

so i’m stuch at step three on the prepare and attach the collar/tie instructions. this is what i’m unsure about:

“On the unstitched section, clip carefully at the notches through one of the seam allowances to the stitching line.”

am i clipping across the entire seam allowance to the other notch? and which stitching line are they referring to? for some reason i am having a mental roadblock and cannot figure out what i should do and i really don’t want to cut the wrong thing. thanks for any help you might have!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

If you look at the diagram(under step 3),what you want achieve is the seam allowance on one side of the tie folded to the inside the other side down ready to be sewn to the neck.

Go back to the picture under step 2,snip at the notch up to the stitch line on the top piece only. This will allow this section to be left out when you turn the tie through.

Does that help?

LINK
    kmgoodall @kmgoodall

got it. thanks so much!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My absolute pleasure!

Don’t forget to show us the finished dress!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.