Oliver + S

Attaching a sash around the entire waist and using organza

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

My granddaughter almost 4 is requesting a new dress where the sash is around the entire waist of the dress. Do I make thread loops at the sides, make a separate sash piece for the front and sew it into the side seams, or is there another method? Also she wants the sash to have organza on it for some shimmer. Would I make 2 sashes one from a solid color voile for the under layer and the second one from the ivory organza for the top layer? I’m afraid that they will separate.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

How beautiful.

I would do exactly as you suggest with the side thread loops and one long sash.

Perhaps make the sash with one layer organza and one side solid?

Only my opinion,of course.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, perfect one layer of each, it never crossed my mind.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’m doing exactly that with a dress now, and I did it for Christmas too. I made a 3rd sash piece by measuring the finished fron waist and did hand crochet thread loops at the sides. The separate sash also has the advantage of being. Ore easily washed and pressed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.