Oliver + S

any good methods for discretely patching clothes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

a few of my son’s shorts have holes in the tush area. I need to patch them but I’m not sure how to do it without an iron-on patch and I’d like the repairs to be discrete. two of the pairs have a little hole about 1/2″ and one pair has a big 2″ rip . Would love to hear how other do this – thanks, Katie

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom
    LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

yes! so simple and it takes out the guesswork – thank you

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I use a simular method but instead of interfacing I use heat and bond (double sided fabric glue), simular to misty fuse and as close match tothe fabric as I can find in my stash and then I satin stitchove the hole/rip with my widest zigzag. My friends have really had to look for where the tear was when I repaired their son’s shorts and pants with this method.

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

thanks! I’m glad to know that the double sided fusing works too.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Cindy!

Jed has put a hole in his ‘dirty’ jeans and we payed a small fortune for them.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

No problem! I stumbled across that tute during one of my online wanderings.;)

C

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I do exactly the same but instead of interfacing on the inside I just cut off a piece of jeans from a discarded pair and put that on the inside. It can cause the mend to feel bulky but after a wear and a wash I’m not bothered. I find it lasts me longer that way.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.