Oliver + S

age appropriate birthday gift

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    scampbell712 @scampbell712

i’d like to make a birthday gift for my 2 year old niece.

my options are:

bucket hat

artist smock

bias trimmed apron

…considering some play houses

who knows–all i is that i cannot decide! i want her to like the present–other ideas maybe an apron? her older sister like to bake and that that could be cute.

i don’t have long to decide but any help would be great!

LINK
    scampbell712 @scampbell712

totally forgot that i’m actually mostly considering the bear carrier haha

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

My 2 year old loves to wear aprons more than she does her bear carrier, (which has still to even use.) I wear an apron a lot around the house and she likes to be like mama.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

If she likes to paint or play with playdough or glueing things do the smock – they are so so handy for budding artists (or mess makers).

A bucket hat is always useful but…. may not be something she could go crazy over.

Aprons are good as during this year she developmental wise could start in the pretend play so they would be great for “cooking”.

A bear carrier is an excellent choice for a little girl – if she has a particular favourite teddy or dolly this would be perfect.

A tutu also if she likes to dance to music – this can double as a fairy costume if she likes fairies. But then you could leave this one for her 3rd birthday.

I say bear carrier.

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Having a 2 year old, of all the possibilities the hat would probably be least appreciated. Hats generally last about 5 minutes on her head. I have the back pack on my project list for my little one. She loves to put her “stuff” in it to bring in the car. The other project I am hoping to make is the artist smock. Little one loves all things paint, glue and messy.

Good luck with your decision, it is certainly a difficult one. So many cute options.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

My go-to handmade 2-year-old birthday gift is an apron and chef-hat set. I use a free pattern I found online awhile back. The gifts are always appreciated by parents and children alike. My own kids play with their play kitchen every day and love to wear their sets.

LINK
    icicle @icicle

I have to say the bear carrier gets the least amount of use around our house but I think that’s because we are in a rural area and most day-tripping stuffies get left in the car once we reach our destination. I could see the carrier being much more useful in an urban area with public transportation as the means of traveling.

Now the bucket hat, tutus and apron — I can barely get them off of her at night!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I second the apron and pretty well echo Icicle verbatim.

~Nicole~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I don’t recall off the top of my head if the apron/smock has pockets, but if not, pockets would be a great add. Maybe you could tuck a little stamp or a few stickers in the pocket for an extra treat.

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

In my house, any kind of apron would be used by all the kids. My daughter still adores her tutu, but she didn’t get that until she was older- at two she would have needed help getting it on or off.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

If the birthday girl has an art easel (or uses paints) I think the art smock will be fun (or give with watercolors and a sketchbook). There are pockets, and like Sarvi said, a few small goodies tucked inside would be a nice special treat. My daughter just turned 3 at the beginning of the year and loves her art smock most of all the things I made her for Christmas. Sadly, the bear carrier rarely gets used right now, but hopefully as she gets a little bigger…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.