Oliver + S

Adding sleeves?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LINK
    kathyP @kathyP

Has anyone tried adding a sleeve to this pattern? I would love to try.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Kathy, I have never added sleeves to a child’s pattern but I have made dolls clothes from scratch.

I would place the shoulders together, butting the edges but not over lapping.

Then I would place the tracing paper underneath and draw the sleeve.

I would then add a seam allowance to the sleeve shoulder seam and use an existing sleeve pattern to draft the rest of the sleeve.

I would think you would then have enough ease to gather and fit the sleeve.

Please note, this is just what I did to make a dolly dress. I am sure there are more correct methods.

Do let us know how you go. I think it would be lovely!

~Nicole~

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Do you have another Oliver and S pattern with sleeves, like the 2+2? If so I would redraft th armhole using the 2+2 pattern and then just use the accompanying 2+2 sleeve pattern. This should work with most patterns but another Oliver and S will give you the least changes and probably the best fit. Have fun and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. 🙂

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That is a great idea Heidi!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Thanks Nicole!

LINK
    Brittney @georgeandizzy

There is this one that she added sleeves to, and tells how she did it. Maybe you could figure out the measurements you need for the size you are making.

http://sewingoursanity.blogspot.com/2013/06/birthday-part-dress-refashioned-to-tunic.html

LINK
    Anonymous @

I really like Heidi’s idea – it would definitely work!

Brittney – that tunic with the little cap sleeves is adorable. How is it that I still don’t have this pattern?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.