Oliver + S

A very stupid ironing question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

I decided to go ahead with another Playdate “muslin” (thanks, Nicole, for your direction on the yoke). I’m making it out of a Lisette chambray (the tobacco color) that I picked up in the remnants bin at Joann’s while in the States. I washed and dried the fabric and today I went to iron it. I figured high setting since it’s cotton (right?)? But stuff was coming off the fabric onto my iron. After I cleaned the iron, I lowered the heat and it worked ok. I thought cotton always had to be ironed on high? Or am I off and is there something else in the Lisette chambray (I didn’t have access to the bolt to read what it was made of)?

LINK
    violetvata @violetvata

Lisette chambray is part poly, keeps it nice and in shape, I think, since it was originally shown for use in pants. It is very fluid though, should work for a playdate.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Sounds like there is some polyester/rayon in the fabric which would explain it melting onto your iron. Yes, I would normally iron cotton on “cotton” or even on “linen” depending on how thick/wrinkled the material is. Hope someone can answer your query re. “makeup” of fabric who knows more abt Lisette fabric than I do.

LINK
    pippi @pippi

Sometimes you can look up the material online to get the content/washing instructions that are on the bolt end. Is this your material: http://www.joann.com/lisette-collection-fabric-blue-chambray/zprd_10683480a/?_requestid=321535

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Thanks Pippi – I did look it up but I guess I typed “tobacco” into the search so it gave me no matches. This is the same stuff, just a different color.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I do remember that the chambray had a wee bit of polyester in it.

Violeta is right.

PS My pleasure (re yoke)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.