Oliver + S

A hybrid: View A BUT with big bow (from View B) — tied In the front?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

Hello! I’m wondering if anyone has done a mix of the two dresses– view a with tulip sleeves, but use the big bow from view b but tie in the front? I love the big bow, but my 7 year old will find it irritating in the back . Can you just follow directions from view b at that point but tie in the front? Any suggestions before I delve in would be great. Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

There have been all sorts of variations between the views in terms of adding/leaving off sleeves, collars, belts, no belts, sashes etc.

As for the View B bow at the front…. I think it might look a bit odd. Although it would be a lot more comfy in the car (my daughter’s only complaint about the big bow). If you were to do it you would have to have some sort of sash at the back surely. The View B normally has nothing at the front and the big sash/bow at the back. That would look very strange reversed.

I added a sash section across the front of this one: http://bartacksandsingletrack.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/the-bit-after-happily-ever-after.html

If you were to reverse the bow sash and tie it at the front, you could do this at the back, but it would have to be sewn into the zipper seam allowances which could get messy….

I figured this is a special occasional dress, which, like high heels, are always irritating to wear. If it was too comfortable they’d want to wear it to playgroup every day!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’ve started making a separate sash to make washing and ironing easier. Then you can tie it when you arrive and not need it in the car? I think a front bow can be nice, but smaller. This one is really big.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Remove-able sashes are lovely for versatility too.

A tiny front bow is very late 50’s and so sweet.

LINK
    purlknitpurl @purlknitpurl

I love that sash, Lightening McStitch! Great idea about a tiny bow! Thanks for the thoughts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.