Oliver + S

2+2 Sizing question for 3/4

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    mellyflori @mellyflori

My daughter is turning four in a month and is average height for her age. She’s long in the torso, she’s been in 4T tops for at least six months now, but she’s still in 3T pants. And she’s thin enough to wear 2T shorts.

My gut is to go with the 4T and up size but I also know that with her frame her shoulders tend to be more narrow and the 4T (popover) and 3T (family reunion) necklines were on the border of too wide.

With the 2+2 going out of print I’d like to make sure I have a copy but I hate the idea of buying two. Does the tie at the neckline allow me to make it narrow enough to go with the 4T or should I get the smaller size and adjust for height?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I can’t speak for everyone but I find this pattern very generous.

My 12 year old twins wear the 8 and my 2 year old wears the 12-18 mnths.

That said,my skinny minny moo 7 year old wears the 6 as she is taller,it ‘swims’ on her but as it ties at the neck,it does not fall of her shoulders.

LINK
    daisygirl78 @daisygirl78

I find the 2+2 to be much narrower in the shoulders than the family reunion and (especially) the ice cream dress, both of which I still have to adjust when they fall off my daughter’s shoulders. Nicole is right, the tie will help keep it on.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Kids are funny in their growth I’ve found. They sort of go up then out and then up again. If your daughter is destined to be a tall girl then she may be in for a filling out spell (just speculating here of course). With that in mind I would go with your gut so that even if it is a little big right now, this size will fit her for longer. And the tie will keep it on and make it look pretty.

Glad to know this is a generous sized pattern, it lends a bit of hope for not alot of resizing once it arrives for my extra tall 8 going on 9 year old who fits size 12 O+S patterns (it’s times like these where I wish they were small again).

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

My 2 year old is pretty tall for her age and I found that making the 2T for her was gracious plenty roomy in the belly, but I did have to pay attention to the hem length and sleeve length. Just another perspective…

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Good point Mel,my children are small for age.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.