Oliver + S

2+2 Blouse with Pleats instead of Gathers?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I could have sworn I saw a modification like this somewhere, either on the forums or Flickr. Has anyone done it?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I did,its so cute!

http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/22-in-blue.html

(Even if I do say so myself)!

~Nicole~

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

Aha! I figured you might have and checked your blog first but didn’t see anything. But this post shows gathers instead of pleats in the skirt. I want to do the reverse, pleats instead of gathers, for the blouse. I thought you might have done that as well? Maybe for your little one? That skirt is precious though! I’ve never made the skirt, but you may have convinced me.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Whoops Sorry!

What a ding-a-ling I am.

Violetvata…..(I think) did a blouse for her boys from memory…..

I would love to do pleats,if you do it,please share!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Do you mean the blouse has the pleats and not the skirt? Or to compliment the pleated skirt? Sounds interesting and you are right I don’t think anyone has done this plan that I know of. It would be wonderful to see. I recently ordered a fabric folding pen that would help do the job easier and faster. Just out of interest how would you have the pleats running, left, right or heading from the middle out to both sides? Can’t wait to see this version made up it sounds like a fun variation.

Not without standing though, Nicole you do make the prettiest sets of 2+2 for your girls.

Tamara

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

I mean the blouse has the pleats, just a few, where the little gathers are under the patch. Well, I’m about to attempt it so I’ll report back in a day or two! Just a bit of math involved, I guess! Eek…

Oh, I think I’d have them either middle out to each side, OR, perhaps box pleats if I’m feeling ambitious.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Can’t wait to see this version, although I am thinking the pleats could either be few or tiny – or both! Depending on the size of course. Box pleats would give a birthday party dress meats 2+2 effect I think.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

What about a large single inverted box pleat at the front? Like the Music box and Playdate.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That would be my pick Heidi.

Feel better!

Liddy was up for 3 hours last night with a bad tummy,we are both a bit bombed today.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes the inverted pleated would a great option. This tummy bug must travel fast .. I had kids home last week with it. Hope you feel better soon Heidi.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Hi there, ladies: I love it when you discuss modifications like this. What about pin tucks where gathers are? An inverted pleat would certainly be quicker but pin tucks could replace pleats with any real maths. Start at the middle, and make pin tuck to left then right until it measures the patch. Just a thought.

LINK
    KellyNYC @KellyNYC

Well, sadly this version is not happening at the moment. I went to cut out my pieces yesterday, and all was going swimmingly until I turned over the Front piece that I had previously cut out (cut on the fold) to reveal half of the shoulder had been cut away. Chalk it up to shoddy laying out while trying to reuse a previous project’s scraps. Argh! I’ll report back when I make my next attempt. Thanks for the suggestions…I think the inverted pleat will be my best bet…although the pin tucks are intriguing!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Oh no,I am sorry!

I so wanted to stop my ironing and rush off and make one but I am trying really really hard to stick to my list!

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Could you reserect it by adding a constrasting piece to both shoulders? Think the look of the contrast of the book report. Maybe matching the tab and ties?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.