Oliver + S

2+2 blouse in bigger size?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • LINK
    Edouglas @Edouglas

Any chance this blouse will be drawn in sizes larger than 8? Any recommendations on a similar pattern that would fit size 10?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

I don’t think there’s been any mention of older patterns being re-released in larger sizes, unfortunately. What are your favorite elements of this blouse? The Class Picnic has a similar silhouette (to my eye) http://oliverands.com/oliver-and-s-patterns-pants/OLV-OS025CP.html

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Edouglas, of you know how to size up a pattern the 2+2 can be made to fit a larger size this way. I have made one to fit my daughter who wears a size 12. The only thing is I made the sleeves a little tight at the upper arm. But it looks fine everywhere else.

The class picnic blouse is a good one too.

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I know Liesl has said that existing patterns won’t be made in larger sizes. In this age of technology isn’t there a way around this? Some nice FIT student could size them up as a class project and then the patterns could be released as PDFs only. I know it’s more work than that and I know that not all patterns work for older children. BUT I really think the Jump Rope would be a great pattern to have in larger sizes. All the moms making uniforms would be thrilled. And then Sunday Brunch : )

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I agree! I love the Jump Rope pattern.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Is there any way we could share patterns we’ve upsized? I’ve done a few and I know others have as well, It would be great to have some sort of data base where we could share upsized patterns. Even if it was only a forum and then via flicker mail. That way we don’t have to duplicate what someone else has done.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

That would be fantastic, Heidi. Seems silly for everyone in the forum to struggle to reinvent the wheel. Even if some people are able to contribute more than others because of their talent/experience, it would all help to spread the word about the glory of O + S. How could we do it?

Fiona

LINK

I was thinking of having an enlargment thread where you could comment if you have enlarged a pattern. Then you could flicker mail someone and they might be able to get back to you maybe with an e-mail of the pattern. but the getting the pattern into a printable form may be an issue.

Any ideas anyone else??

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I think a courtesy email to oliver+s might be a good idea.

Just to make sure that copyright is not being breached.

Descriptions and photos on how you did the alteration shouldn’t be a problem.

This is purely my opinion.

LINK

That’s a good idea Nicole and one of the reasons I was concerned about just putting the pieces in flicker as is.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.