Nicole
@motherof5
Active 4 years ago-
Deb replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
It’s normally kept by the bed
‘Cuz I stitch in my sleep -
thesimpson5 replied to the topic Help with fitting at back please! in the forum liesl + co: bistro dress 10 years ago
Thank you, @justsewit for chiming in. I really appreciate it. I wondered if swayback might be what I was dealing with. I’ve got the book Fit for Real People and that was the only thing I could find that looked like it might be the problem. I just haven’t really noticed that on anything else I’ve made, so I wanted someone else’s opinion! I do…[Read more]
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
It’s normally kept by the bed -
Todd Gibson replied to the topic The Limerick Thread in the forum off topic 10 years ago
What did I do with my thread?
-
thesimpson5 replied to the topic Help with fitting at back please! in the forum liesl + co: bistro dress 10 years ago
Let’s try the photos again, sorry they were too large to upload apparently.
-
thesimpson5 started the topic Help with fitting at back please! in the forum liesl + co: bistro dress 10 years ago
I could use a little help here sewing friends. I’ve successfully made a small bust alteration and feel really good about my muslin as far as that goes. However, the backside has some problems and I’m not sure whether to adjust the darts or adjust at the center back seam. I tried taking it in some along the center back seam, but that didn’t seem to…[Read more]
-
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Lengthen culottes in the forum oliver + s: lunch box tee + culottes 10 years ago
The culottes have a very dropped crotch, so this is one pattern where you’d probably get away with not making changes.
However, beware making such big size changes as you’ll lose the proportions of the pattern and could end up with something quite odd.
Perhaps you could make the 2T with size 4 leg length.
You could run a tape measure from front…[Read more] -
dubhels2003 replied to the topic Great British Sewing Bee in the forum off topic 10 years ago
And she’s wearing another one this week! She must love the pattern 🙂
-
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along. Please note that I’ve changed it a bit from the original schedule:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie fro…[Read more] -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie front and front facing. Finish the upper edge.
May 27 Day 3: Finish Vie…[Read more] -
Rachel Le Grand replied to the topic Lisette B6358 Swimsuit Sew Along in the forum
Sew Alongs 10 years agoHello and welcome! We’re so glad you’re joining us for the sew-along.
This is the schedule for the B6358 sew-along:
May 23 Day 1: Cut out your fabric and practice your sewing. Find the right stitches and techniques for your suit.
May 25 Day 2: View A: Assemble the tie front and front facing. Finish the upper edge.
May 27 Day 3: Fin…[Read more] -
Lightning McStitch replied to the topic Faux Fly Basting Stitches. Removed or not? in the forum oliver + s: field trip 10 years ago
Replying to my own question… I’ve made these pants quite a few times now and I remove the basting stitches. The slight “openness” makes it look more like a functional fly.
I’m in the “remove them” camp. - Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.