Oliver + S

Lengthen culottes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Jen @ottawatsan

My daughter is ultra slim. She falls under the 12-18m for her waist but she needs the 4T length. I thought of using the 12-18m pattern and adding length, but the crotch part would be too tight, right? Any tips on how I should alter the pattern?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

The culottes have a very dropped crotch, so this is one pattern where you’d probably get away with not making changes.
    However, beware making such big size changes as you’ll lose the proportions of the pattern and could end up with something quite odd.
    Perhaps you could make the 2T with size 4 leg length.
    You could run a tape measure from front to back on your kid to get a crotch length and then see how that measures against the two pattern pieces.
    Good luck.

LINK
    Jen @ottawatsan

Thanks @lightningmcstitch 🙂

I ended up making the 3T with a much smaller elastic (fitted to her). The back turned into a gathered back rather than the single pleat. According to the 4yr old, it’s “fine”.

I’m interested to remake it though, because my waistband was an inch too small. I cut a larger one to fit the culottes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.