cybele727
-
ShirtMaker14004 joined the group
Sew Alongs 8 years ago -
Florence Taylor joined the group
Sew Alongs 8 years ago -
Kate joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Karin joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Ann joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Tara joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Louise joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Lynn joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Natalie joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Lucie joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Ruby joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Charlene joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
sheena knights joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Jen Cole joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Liesl Gibson replied to the topic adding embroidery details to garments in the forum
Heirloom Sewing and Embroidery 9 years agoHere’s a tutorial that might answer some of your embroidery questions? https://oliverands.com/community/blog/2014/06/customizing-with-oliver-s-adding-embroidery-with-rebecca-rinquist.html
-
Ava replied to the topic adding embroidery details to garments in the forum
Heirloom Sewing and Embroidery 9 years agotamara,
I didn’t end up doing the embroidery, thought it would get too busy. But thank you so much for your detailed explanation. Will definitely use on next one.Ava
-
Tawn Deavers joined the group
Sew Alongs 9 years ago -
Tamara replied to the topic adding embroidery details to garments in the forum
Heirloom Sewing and Embroidery 10 years agoHi Ava, very good questions. There is a stabiliser you can get that washes away. I would use this on the smaller and unlined portions just to stabilise the fabric whilst you embroider – it helps the fabric to not stretch or crinkle to the point of distortion. I think it comes in sheats so you would be able to cut it and baste stitch it under where…[Read more]
-
Ava replied to the topic adding embroidery details to garments in the forum
Heirloom Sewing and Embroidery 10 years agoThanks Tamara for the detailed tips. So this particular pattern will have a lining however what if I was to embroider some of the skirt part (like outline a design of the fabric) or for any other skirt part that doesn’t have a lining. Is it necessary to put interfacing on that few inches where I”m outlining the design or is it necessary to put…[Read more]
-
Tamara replied to the topic adding embroidery details to garments in the forum
Heirloom Sewing and Embroidery 10 years agoHi Ava (@fitdoc)
I have this pattern and even though I haven’t actually finished one, it is a perfect pattern to use embroidery with. I am fairly experienced when it comes to embroidery, having just brought out some smocked dresses to fit my youngest daughter that I made my eldest daughter twelve years ago.
So, with this in mind, let me share…[Read more]
- Load More
copyright
Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2026. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.